We made great strides this past month getting our message out.
Here are some of the highlights we had for the month of March 2015:
- We have been busy canvassing the area and getting in touch with our neighbours – the support we have been seeing has been overwhelming. If you know of an area that has NOT been canvassed to date, please let us know. It is important to get the word out.
- We’ve sent out flyers to a large portion of local area – people are really starting to take notice! If your area did not get a flyer let us know and provide details if possible. We will also be adding it to our website very soon.
- We were interviewed on the local radio station Eagle 100.9! Check out details of Curtiss’ interview here.
- We have created an e-newsletter – We launched our first e-newsletter on April 2nd. We hope you find it informative. If you have any ideas for our future newsletters by all means contact us and we’ll do our best to include it!
- Please note: If you have not yet seen the newsletter you can subscribe to it on our webpage. If you have already subscribed (or attended a meeting) and still have not seen the letter please check your junk mail folder (mark it as not junk)
- People are signing our petition – we have already surpassed our original goal of 200 signatures. More people are signing it every day! If you haven’t already had a chance to look it over click here to read more details.
- Our meeting attendance has been significantly increasing. We are packing the Davisburg Community hall – people are concerned and want to be heard! If you haven’t attended a meeting, please do so and bring a friend!
- We are engaging the local politicians – We recently had Okotoks Council Member (and recent PC MLA candidate) Carrie Fisher and Reeve, Larry Spilak, attended the last FRFRD townhall meetings to observe.
As a result of these actions, we are building a solid base of support within the community for our cause. Which is great news!
We would also really like to take the time to thank Lindsay, Rebecca, Terri, Rita, Gord, Murray, Brent, Brad, Robin, Debby, Denise and Karen for all their hard work this past month! We appreciate your contributions and we hope we can continue to count on your support going forward.